Fills about three If You Care Paper Loaf Baking Pans
1. In a large pot, add olive oil, ground beef, onion and garlic and cook over medium/high heat until beef is browned and onions are soft and translucent. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste, then add ½ cup water and stir until incorporated.
2. Season with 1tsp coarse sea salt, pepper, fresh oregano, ½ tsp Italian seasoning and basil. Cover, then leave to simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water with 1 tsp coarse sea salt, about 8 minutes. Transfer to colander, then place under cold running water, drain and dry.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning and salt until fully combined.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
6. Assemble the lasagna in the following layers:
- Two lasagna noodles (folded over as necessary)
- Ricotta mixture
7. Continue to layer until the baking pan is full. And top with extra mozzarella and parmesan.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled and slightly browned.