1. In a medium bowl, combine the gluten free flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter. Once thoroughly mixed, add in the vanilla and the egg. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on medium until smooth.
2. Mold the dough into a disk and wrap with a sheet of If You Care Waxed Paper, then place in the refrigerator to let chill for at least one hour (tip: you can leave the dough chilling overnight).
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is about ¼ inch thick, then use your choice of cookie cutters to cut out shapes. You can re-roll out the dough as needed, adding a sprinkle of flour so that it doesn’t stick.
4. Line a baking sheet with If You Care Parchment Paper and carefully place the cookie cut outs top. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
5. While cookies are cooling, place the spinach and ½ cup warm water in a food processor or blender until smooth. Place spinach mixture in a square of If You Care Cheesecloth over a bowl and squeeze out spinach juice, then set the bowl aside.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, honey and start by adding 2 tablespoons of spinach juice (you can add more spinach juice for a deeper color), then mix until smooth and glossy. Once cookies are cooled, use the natural icing to decorate your cookies!